Details for Benchmark: KM0134
N 39° 57.550 W 109° 09.767 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In UINTAH county, UT View Original Datasheet
- M 26
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933
5.5 MI S FROM BONANZA. ABOUT 5.5 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE WATSON-JENSEN ROAD FROM BONANZA, UINTAH COUNTY, ABOUT 1.8 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE WHITE RIVER TOLL BRIDGE, AT THE SUMMIT OF A GRADE BETWEEN A CREEK FLOWING SOUTHEAST AND THE WHITE RIVER, ON THE SOUTHEAST SLOPE OF A KNOLL, ABOUT 45 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, IN A SANDSTONE OUTCROP, AND MARKED BY A ROCK CAIRN AND THE PAINTED LETTERS B.M. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 5290.203 M 26 1933.
|01/01/1956 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.