Details for Benchmark: KM0135
N 39° 58.617 W 109° 10.700 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In UINTAH county, UT View Original Datasheet
- N 26
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1949 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
3.8 MI S FROM BONANZA. ABOUT 3.8 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE WATSON-JENSEN ROAD FROM BONANZA, UINTAH COUNTY, ABOUT 600 FEET SOUTH OF THE WHITE RIVER TOLL BRIDGE, ABOUT 300 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE RIVER, ABOUT 300 FEET WEST OF THE BRIDGEKEEPERS QUARTERS, ON THE TOP OF A SANDY BANK, ABOUT 30 FEET NORTH OF A SMALL ABANDONED CELLAR, AND ABOUT 40 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 5002.365 N 26 1933 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST. NOTE-- THE BRIDGE IS NO LONGER A TOLL BRIDGE. THE BRIDGEKEEPERS QUARTERS IS STILL STANDING.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.