Details for Benchmark: KM0247
N 39° 55.950 W 108° 13.969 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In RIO BLANCO county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1950
STATION LOCATED ABOUT 14.5 MI. N. AND 17 MI. W. OF RIO BLANCO, COLORADO, IN SW. 1/4 SECTION 25, T 1 S, R 97 W.
TO REACH FROM RIO BLANCO POST OFFICE, PROCEED W. AND N. ON STATE HIGHWAY 326 32.0 MI. TO T-RD. SE. UP RIDGE. THENCE SE. UP RIDGE FOR 4.3 MI. TO STATION ON S. END OF SMALL TOP ON LARGE RIDGE.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET, STAMPED ---R-BOLT 1950 VABM 6912---, SET IN CONCRETE MONUMENT, PROJECTING 8 IN. ABOVE THE SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.