Details for Benchmark: KM0266
N 39° 54.234 W 108° 15.489 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In RIO BLANCO county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1950
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 12.5 MI. N. AND 18.5 MI. W. OF RIO BLANCO, COLORADO, IN SE. 1/4 SEC. 3, T 2 S, R 97 W.
TO REACH STATION FROM RIO BLANCO P.O., PROCEED W. ON HIGHWAY 326 23.0 MI. TO T-RD. N., THENCE N. 3.2 MI. UP CANYON TO TOP OF RIDGE. THENCE W. ON RD. AND ON CROSS COUNTRY THROUGH CLEARINGS 1.8 MI. TO STATION. STATION LIES ON NW. SLOPE OF RIDGE ABOUT 300 FT. FROM END OF LAST CLEARING TO NW. ON RIDGE.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET, SET IN THE TOP OF A 6 X 6 IN. CONCRETE POST, PROJECTING 5 IN. ABOVE SURFACE, STAMPED ---R-BEST 1950 VABM 6842---.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.