Details for Benchmark: KR0267
N 39° 28.733 W 118° 46.633 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CHURCHILL county, NV View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1958 by NVDH (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
0.2 MI N FROM FALLON. ABOUT 0.05 MILE EAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 95 ALTERNATE AND 50, WHICH IS WILLIAMS AVENUE, FROM THE CITY HALL AT FALLON, THENCE 0.15 MILE NORTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 95, WHICH IS MAIN STREET, IN SECTION 30, T 19 N, R 29 E, 63 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE INTERSECTION OF THE HIGHWAY, WHICH IS MAIN STREET AND WEST B STREET, 35 1/2 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 51 1/2 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF WEST B STREET, 19 FEET NORTH OF STREET LIGHT POLE NUMBER M 34, 1.8 FEET WEST OF THE WEST CURB OF THE HIGHWAY, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST WHICH PROJECTS 3 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.