Details for Benchmark: KR1229
N 39° 33.183 W 119° 33.333 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In STOREY county, NV View Original Datasheet
- H 339
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1953 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
11.35 MI E FROM SPARKS. 11.35 MILES EAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE MCCARRAN BOULEVARD OVERPASS AT SPARKS, 4 POLES NORTHEAST OF MILEPOLE 258, IN THE TOP AND 2.0 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE NORTHWEST CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF STEEL TRUSS BRIDGE 7 OVER TRUCKEE RIVER, 7.9 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST RAIL, AND ABOUT 2 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK. SEC 31, T 20N, R 22E.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.