Details for Benchmark: KR1811
N 39° 24.533 W 118° 37.783 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CHURCHILL county, NV View Original Datasheet
- K 446
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1991 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1991
16.5 KM (10.3 MI) EASTERLY ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 50 FROM THE CITY HALL IN FALLON, THENCE 2.0 KM (1.2 MI) NORTHEASTERLY ALONG A GRAVELED ROAD, 18.0 M (59.1 FT) SOUTHEAST OF AND LEVEL WITH THE CENTER OF THE ROAD, 9.9 M (32.5 FT) SOUTHWEST OF A FENCE CORNER, 1.1 M (3.6 FT) NORTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST AND FENCE, AND THE MONUMENT IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.