Details for Benchmark: KS0338
N 39° 03.183 W 120° 58.300 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PLACER county, CA View Original Datasheet
- V 830
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1947 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
4 MI S FROM COLFAX. 3.95 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT COLFAX, 0.15 MILE NORTH OF MILEPOST 138, AT THE SOUTHWEST END OF A CUT, IN THE TOP OF A GREY-COLORED ROCK OUTCROP WHICH PROJECTS ABOUT 3 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND, 34.2 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST RAIL OF THE WESTBOUND TRACK, 64 FEET NORTH OF THE 7TH POLE NORTH OF MILEPOST 138, 2.1 FEET EAST OF A WITNESS POST, AND ABOUT 3 FEET HIGHER THAN THE TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.