Details for Benchmark: KS0755
N 39° 00.067 W 121° 24.517 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PLACER county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by DOD (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1949 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
1.1 MI SE FROM WHEATLAND. 1.1 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC CO. RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT WHEATLAND, 1.9 MILES NORHTWEST OF SHERIDAN, AT THE NORTHWEST END OF THE BRIDGE OVER BEAR RIVER, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE SOUTHWEST WING WALL, 5.4 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE TRACK.
|08/22/1988 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1988
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW TO REACH FOLLOWS. 1.8 KM (1.10 MI) SOUTHEASTERLY ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF 4TH STREET IN WHEATLAND. NOTE--THE DISK HAS BEEN HIT AND THE STAMPING IS PARTLY ILLEGIBLE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.