Details for Benchmark: KT1083
N 39° 10.200 W 123° 23.550 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MENDOCINO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Y 261
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1965 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1965
15.3 MI W FROM UKIAH. 0.7 MILE NORTH ALONG THE NORTHWESTERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT UKIAH, THENCE 0.2 MILE WEST ALONG BRUSH STREET, THENCE 14.4 MILE WEST ALONG LOW GAP ROAD, 1.0 MILE NORTHWEST OF THE SADDLE KNOWN AS LOW GAP, AT A FIRE BREAK ROAD LEADING WEST, 39 FEET WEST OF A 48-INCH TRIANGULAR-BLAZED REDWOOD TREE, 31 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A 16-INCH TRIANGULAR-BLAZED TANBARK OAK TREE, 18 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 8 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE FIRE BREAK ROAD, 2.0 FEET SOUTH OF A METAL WITNESS POST, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST 1.5 FEET BELOW THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.