Details for Benchmark: KU0875
N 40° 46.300 W 073° 59.417 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NEW YORK county, NY View Original Datasheet
- V 44
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1952 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
AT NEW YORK. AT NEW YORK, IN BOROUGH OF MANHATTAN, AT INTERSECTION OF 11TH AVENUE (WEST END AVENUE) AND WEST 59TH STREET, 17 FEET SOUTHWEST OF SOUTHWEST CURB OF WEST 59TH STREET, 15 FEET NORTHWEST OF NORTHWEST CURB OF 11TH AVENUE, SET IN THE TOP OF GRANITE WATER TABLE NEAR EAST CORNER OF INTERBOROUGH RAPID TRANSIT COMPANY POWER HOUSE, 4.3 FEET SOUTHWEST OF EAST CORNER OF BUILDING AND 2 1/2 FEET ABOVE SIDE WALK.
|01/01/1974 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1974
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.