Details for Benchmark: KU1581
N 40° 48.183 W 073° 38.783 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NASSAU county, NY View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1932 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1932
AT ROSLYN. AT ROSLYN, NASSAU COUNTY, ON STATE HIGHWAY 25 A, IN THE TRIANGLE FORMED BY THE JUNCTION OF BRYANT AVENUE AND SKILLMAN STREET, AT THE PUBLIC FOUNTAIN, IN THE TOP OF THE WEST SIDE OF THE SOUTH FRONT OF THE UPPER BASIN (USED AS A FLOWER BOX IN 1935), AND 2 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1935 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.