Details for Benchmark: KU1607
N 40° 52.517 W 073° 31.867 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NASSAU county, NY View Original Datasheet
- T 39
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1932 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1932
AT OYSTER BAY. AT OYSTER BAY, NASSAU COUNTY, AT THE LONG ISLAND RAILROAD PASSENGER STATION, ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE BUILDING, AT THE EAST END OF THE NORTH WALL OF THE TICKET OFFICE BAY, 2 FEET EAST OF THE EAST WINDOW OF THE TICKET OFFICE, 23 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL OF THE SOUTHWEST TRACK, AND ABOUT 3-1/2 FEET ABOVE THE PLATFORM. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 14.961 T 39 1932 AND SET VERTICALLY.
|01/01/1966 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.