Details for Benchmark: KU1627
N 40° 56.850 W 073° 55.250 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERGEN county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- D 40
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
1.5 MI NE FROM ALPINE. 0.2 MILE EAST ALONG CLOSTER DOCK ROAD FROM THE ALPINE METHODIST CHURCH, 0.7 MILE NORTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 9W, THENCE 0.6 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG YONKERS FERRY ROAD, SET VERTICALLY IN THE EAST FACE OF A LARGE BOULDER, 95 FEET NORTH OF A SMALL CONCRETE CULVERT, 17 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF ROAD, 1.7 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.