Details for Benchmark: KU1630
N 40° 56.783 W 073° 55.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERGEN county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- TIDAL 1 STA 1
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1932 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1956 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
AT ALPINE. 0.1 MILE NORTH OF THE ALPINE-YONKERS FERRY LANDING, SET VERTICALLY IN THE EAST FACE OF A ROCK CLIFF OF THE PALISADES, 32 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE CORNWALLIS HEADQUARTERS, 53 1/2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A SMALL WOODEN BRIDGE, 10 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A GRAVEL ROAD ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE HOUSE AND 2 FEET ABOVE THE ROAD.
|09/15/1995 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 2420 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.