Details for Benchmark: KU1631
N 40° 56.783 W 073° 55.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERGEN county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- TIDAL 2 STA 1
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1956 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
AT ALPINE. 0.1 MILE NORTH OF THE ALPINE YONKERS FERRY LANDING, SET VERTICALLY IN THE ROCK FACE OF BLUFF OF THE PALISADES, 28 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE EMPLOYEES ROAD, 55 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A SODA AND CANDY PAVILION (NORTH STAND), 17.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE OLD ALPINE TRAIL MONUMENT, 117 FEET NORTH OF BENCH MARK 1 AND ABOUT 3 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 2421 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.