Details for Benchmark: KU1634
N 40° 55.700 W 073° 55.717 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERGEN county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- S 40
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
1.3 MI SE FROM ALPINE. 0.2 MILE EAST ALONG CLOSTER DOCK ROAD FROM THE ALPINE METHODIST CHURCH, 1.1 MILE SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 9W, 68 PACES SOUTH OF THE JUNCTION OF A PRIVATE ROAD LEADING WEST, 56 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF HIGHWAY, 39.6 FEET SOUTH ALONG HIGHWAY FROM POLE NO. 20167, SET IN TOP AND AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A CONCRETE ENCLOSURE FOR A WATER MAIN.
|02/21/1992 by NJGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1992 (FAC)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
|09/15/1995 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.