Details for Benchmark: KU1636
N 40° 54.967 W 073° 56.200 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERGEN county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- RV 1439
- Marker Type:
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by NJGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1956 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
2.3 MI SE FROM ALPINE. 0.2 MILE EAST ALONG THE CLOSTER DOCK ROAD FROM THE ALPINE METHODIST CHURCH, THENCE 2.1 MILE SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 9W, 0.9 MILE NORTH OF THE JUNCTION OF EAST CLINTON AVENUE, 0.2 MILE SOUTH OF THE JUNCTION OF HUDSON AVENUE, ON TOP AND AT THE NORTH END OF THE WEST HEADWALL OF A 36-INCH IRON PIPE CULVERT UNDER THE HIGHWAY, 29.1 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 2.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE NORTH END OF THE HEADWALL AND 1-FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.