Details for Benchmark: KU1642
N 40° 52.100 W 073° 57.283 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERGEN county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- W 40
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
1 MI S FROM ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS. 0.15 MILE EAST ALONG PALISADES AVENUE FROM THE MUNICIPAL BUILDING AT ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, THENCE 0.8 MILE SOUTH ALONG HUDSON TERRACE, 1.2 MILE NORTH OF THE GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE, 0.2 MILE NORTH OF THE JUNCTION OF BAYVIEW AVENUE, 82 YARDS SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF AN ASPHALT ROAD LEADING WEST, 84 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH END OF THE WEST HEADWALL OF A 48-INCH CONCRETE CULVERT, 42 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF TERRACE, 21 FEET WEST OF POWER LINE POLE NO. 60027, SET IN THE TOP OF A 4-BY-4-FOOT OUTCROP FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AND 1 FOOT HIGHER THAN HUDSON TERRACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.