Details for Benchmark: KU1644
N 40° 51.300 W 073° 57.650 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERGEN county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- PALISADES RM 1
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1956 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
2.5 MI S FROM ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS. 0.15 MILE EAST ALONG PALISADES AVENUE FROM THE MUNICIPAL BUILDING AT ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, THENCE 2.35 MILES SOUTH ALONG HUDSON AVENUE, ABOUT 200 METERS SOUTH OF GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE, ON PROPERTY OF PORT OF NEW YORK AUTHORITY, SET IN TOP OF A ROCK OUTCROP, ABOUT 45 PACES SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A TWO STORY STUCCO HOUSE, 17 FEET NORTH OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A FENCE, 9 FEET EAST OF THE NORTH-SOUTH IRON FENCE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.