Details for Benchmark: KU1648
N 40° 50.117 W 073° 58.233 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERGEN county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by NJGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1956 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
AT EDGEWATER. AT EDGEWATER, AT THE INTERSECTION OF RIVER ROAD AND GLENWOOD AVENUE, 27 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH END OF LOWER STEP IN FRONT OF RESIDENCE 1190 RIVER ROAD, 4.0 FEET EAST OF A 6 FOOT HIGH ROCK WALL, 5.5 FEET NORTH OF A FIRE PLUG, 1.8 FEET WEST OF WEST CURB OF RIVER ROAD, SET IN TOP OF CONCRETE POST LEVEL WITH THE SIDEWALK.
|02/20/1992 by NJGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1992 (FAC)
THE STATION WAS SEARCHED FOR AND NOT RECOVERED AFTER A QUARTER HOUR SEARCH BY A TWO MAN PARTY. CONSIDERABLE IMPROVEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE TO THE AREA SINCE THE ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.