Details for Benchmark: KU3931
N 40° 52.062 W 073° 54.315 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BRONX county, NY View Original Datasheet
- NEW YORK VET HOSP 81 CEN CUP
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1930 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1930 (CAE)
STATION IS THE CENTER (AND LARGEST) CUPOLA ON THE RED BRICK BUILDING OF VETERANS HOSPITAL NO. 81, FACING ON SEDGWICK AVENUE, BRONX, OVERLOOKING THE HARLEM RIVER NEAR WHERE IT TURNS W TO THE HUDSON.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.