Details for Benchmark: KU3965
N 40° 50.723 W 073° 56.280 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In NEW YORK county, NY View Original Datasheet
- NEW YORK FORT WASH PRESB CH
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1930 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1930 (CAE)
STATION IS THE FINIAL AND WEATHER VANE SURMOUNTING THE CUPOLA OF THE FORT WASHINGTON PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH AT THE NE CORNER OF ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-FOURTH STREET, AND WADSWORTH AVENUE.
THIS HAS A CLOCK ON EACH OF 4 FACES AND AN ILLUMINATED CROSS ON EACH OF FOUR SIDES OF THE BELFRY.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.