Details for Benchmark: KU3967
N 40° 51.511 W 073° 56.229 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In NEW YORK county, NY View Original Datasheet
- NEW YORK RIVERSIDE DR FLAGPOLE
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1930 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1930 (CAE)
STATION IS THE FLAGPOLE ALONGSIDE THE DRIVEWAY OF RIVERSIDE DRIVE ABOUT 5/8 MILE N OF THE E END OF THE NEW HUDSON RIVER BRIDGE. THIS PLACE IS SEEN FROM THE RIVER AS A BUTTRESSED CONCRETE ROTUNDA WITH GREEK COLUMNS ABOUT 40 METERS LONG WITH STEPS LEADING TO IT FROM THE RIVER. THE POLE IS SEPARATED FROM THIS BY A DRIVEWAY, STANDING ABOUT 30 METERS FROM THE OUTSIDE FACE.
THIS IS NEAR THE SITE OF THE OLD FORT WASHINGTON.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.