Details for Benchmark: KU4003
N 40° 47.738 W 073° 58.355 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In NEW YORK county, NY View Original Datasheet
- MANHATTAN HOTEL PARIS FLAGPOLE
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1932 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1932 (RWW)
THE FLAGPOLE, E OF THE HUDSON RIVER, IN MANHATTAN ON THE NE CORNER OF WEST END AVENUE AND W 97TH STREET, ATOP THE TOWER OF THE HOTEL PARIS (A 25-STORY RED-BRICK BUILDING) THE TOWER AND UPPER FLOORS OF WHICH ARE TRIMMED WITH WHITE STONE.
THE STATION IS THE BASE OF THE FLAGPOLE AT THE TOWER APEX.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.