Details for Benchmark: KU4550
N 40° 43.674 W 073° 34.437 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In NASSAU county, NY View Original Datasheet
- 11 E 12 N
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1990 by SBAS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY SIDNEY B BOWNE AND SON 1990
THE POINT IS LOCATED IN EAST MEADOW, TOWN OF HEMPSTEAD, IN EISENHOWER MEMORIAL PARK, 1057 FEET (322.2 M) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE EASTBOUND LANES OF PARK BOULEVARD (ALSO KNOWN AS BICENTENNIAL BOULEVARD) AND 1840 FEET (560.8 M) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE 4 LANE PORTION OF MERRICK AVENUE,IN THE GRASS AREA ADJACENT TO THE ASPHALT WALK. THE LOCATION TIES ARE 43.3 FEET (13.2 M) FROM THE NORTH WEST CORNER OF THE CHAIN LINK FENCE, 51.0 FEET (15.5 M) FROM THE SOUTH WEST CORNER OF THE BICYCLE RENTAL BUILDING AND 13.0 FEET (4.0 M) FROM THE CENTER OF THE 1-FOOT DIAMETER SEWER MANHOLE CASTING.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1995.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.