Details for Benchmark: KU4695
N 40° 47.148 W 073° 39.759 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In NASSAU county, NY View Original Datasheet
- 06E 16N
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1989 by SBAS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY SIDNEY B BOWNE AND SON 1989
THE POINT IS LOCATED IN NORTH HILLS, TOWN OF NORTH HEMPSTEAD, 334 FEET (101.8 M) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF SEARINGTOWN ROAD AND 2066 FEET (629.7 M) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE NORTH SERVICE ROAD OF THE LONG ISLAND EXPRESSWAY,IN CHRISTOPHER MORLEY PARK,IN THE GRASS AREA NORTH OF THE NORTH EAST SIDE OF THE ASPHALT PARKING LOT. THE LOCATION TIES ARE 26.7 FEET (8.1 M) FROM THE CENTER OF THE EASTERLY LIGHT POLE, 28.1 FEET (8.6 M) FROM THE CENTER OF THE MIDDLE LIGHT POLE AND 76.4 FEET (23.3 M) FROM THE CENTER OF THE WESTERLY LIGHT POLE.
|01/17/1990 by (GOOD)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.