Details for Benchmark: KV0057
N 40° 38.567 W 074° 15.567 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In UNION county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- 24051 NJGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by NJGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1965 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1965
AT LINDEN. AT LINDEN, IN THE SOUTHWEST PART OF THE TRIANGLE FORMED BY THE INTERSECTION OF ST. GEORGES AVENUE, ROSELLE STRET AND CHESTNUT STREET, 52.0 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CURB OF ROSELLE STREET, 10.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CURB LINE OF ST. GEORGES AVENUE, 2.8 FEET EAST OF THE EAST CURB OF CHESTNUT STREET, ABOUT LEVEL WITH CHESTNUT STREET AND IS A DISK IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
|01/01/1989 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (CWK)
MARK NOT FOUND.
|06/09/1994 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1994
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.