Details for Benchmark: KV0112
N 40° 46.800 W 074° 09.333 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ESSEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- W 11
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1948 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1948
AT NEWARK. AT NEWARK, ESSEX COUNTY, ON BROADWAY, MIDWAY BETWEEN VERONA AND SYLVAN AVENUES, AT THE ERIE RAILROAD OVERHEAD CROSSING, IN THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE WEST ABUTMENT, 18 FEET WEST OF THE WEST CURB OF BROADWAY, AND ABOUT 5 FEET HIGHER THAN THE TOP OF THE CURB. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 48.783 W 11 1933. NOTE-- THE DELAWARE, LACKAWANNA AND WESTERN RAILROAD IS NOW THE ERIE LACKAWANNA RAILROAD. THE ERIE RAILROAD IS NOW THE ERIE LACKWANNA RAILROAD.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 2465 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.