Details for Benchmark: KV0128
N 40° 49.700 W 074° 06.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERGEN county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- C 12
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1939 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1939
AT RUTHERFORD. AT RUTHERFORD, BERGEN COUNTY, AT THE EAST END OF PARK AVE., AT THE NORTH END OF ORIENT STREET, 100 YARDS EAST OF THE RUTHERFORD NATIONAL BANK, IN THE WEST SIDE OF THE ERIE RAILROAD STATION, AND ABOUT 5 FEET HIGHER THAN THE SIDEWALK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 47.808 C 12 1933 AND SET VERTICALLY. NOTE-- THE DELAWARE, LACKAWANNA AND WESTERN RAILROAD IS NOW THE ERIE LACKAWANNA RAILROAD. THE ERIE RAILROAD IS NOW THE ERIE LACKAWANNA RAILROAD.
|1/1/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 7432 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.