Details for Benchmark: KV0189
N 40° 56.267 W 074° 16.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MORRIS county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- RV 31 ERIERR
- Marker Type:
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1933 by ERIERR (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1934 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
0.8 MI S FROM PEQUANNOCK. 0.8 MILE SOUTH ALONG THE ERIE RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT PEQUANNOCK, ABOUT 830 FEET NORTH OF MILEPOST 23, AT GIRDER BRIDGE 23.32 OVER POMPTON RIVER, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE STRINGER SEAT OF THE NORTH ABUTMENT, 2 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL, AND ABOUT 3 FEET LOWER THAN THE BASE OF THE RAIL. A STANDARD MONEL-METAL RIVET. NOTE-- THE DELAWARE, LACKAWANNA AND WESTERN RAILROAD IS NOW THE ERIE LACKAWANNA RAILROAD. THE ERIE RAILROAD IS NOW THE ERIE LACKAWANNA RAILROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.