Details for Benchmark: KV0288
N 40° 44.367 W 074° 03.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HUDSON county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- U 16 RESET 1938
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1938 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
AT JERSEY CITY. AT JERSEY CITY, HUDSON COUNTY, 0.1 MILE WEST OF THE WEST EDGE OF TONNELLE CIRCLE, AT THE JUNCTION OF ST. PAULS STREET AND SEAMAN AVENUE, SET VERTICALLY IN THE NORTHWEST FACE AT THE NORTHEAST END OF THE MAIN ABUTMENT OF A VIADUCT LEADING SOUTHEAST FROM THE PULASKI SKYWAY TO TONNELLE CIRCLE, 18 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST EDGE OF PULSKI SKYWAY AND ABOUT 4 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1965 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1965
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.