Details for Benchmark: KV0422
N 40° 38.517 W 074° 04.533 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In RICHMOND county, NY View Original Datasheet
- 142 NYBE+A
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1952 by NYBE+A (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
AT STATEN ISLAND. ON STATEN ISLAND, AT ST. GEORGE, AT JUNCTION OF BAY STREET AND BOROUGH PLACE, SET VERTICALLY IN EAST FACE AT SOUTHEAST CORNER OF RICHMOND BOROUGH HALL, 1 FOOT NORTH OF CORNER AND 1 1/2 FEET ABOVE SIDE WALK.
|01/01/1952 by CGS (GOOD)
|01/01/1985 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1985
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.