Details for Benchmark: KV0508
N 40° 50.917 W 074° 01.267 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERGEN county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- G 41
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
0.4 MI E FROM RIDGEFIELD PARK. 0.4 MILE EAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 46 FROM THE EAST END OF THE LARGE BRIDGE OVER THE HACKENSACK RIVER, ON TOP OF THE EAST END OF THE SOUTH BALUSTRADE OF THE U.S. HIGHWAY 46 OVERPASS OVER TEANECK ROAD, 9 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CURB OF THE HIGHWAY, 0.4 FOOT WEST OF THE EAST END OF THE BALUSTRADE AND 4 1/2 FEET ABOVE THE SIDEWALK.
|01/01/1962 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|02/20/1992 by NJGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1992 (FAC)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.