Details for Benchmark: KV0985
N 40° 20.583 W 074° 39.517 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MERCER county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- M 2
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- footings/foundation walls of small/medium structures
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1924 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
AT PRINCETON. AT PRINCETON, ALONG THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD, 9 1/2 RAILS SOUTH OF THE SOUTH END OF THE STATION, 3 RAILS SOUTH OF THE SOUTH END OF THE RAILWAY EXPRESS STATION, SET VERTICALLY IN THE SOUTH FACE AND AT THE EXTREME SOUTH END OF THE STATION PLATFORM, 5.6 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL, 5.2 FEET BELOW THE TOP OF THE PLATFORM, 0.8 FOOT WEST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE PLATFORM, 0.5 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE RAILROAD BED.
|05/22/1990 by NJGS (POOR)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1990
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE BOROUGH OF PRINCETON, AT THE PRINCETON TRAIN STATION, SET VERTICALLY IN THE SOUTH FACE AND AT THE EXTREME SOUTH END OF THE RAILROAD STATION PASSENGER PLATFORM, 1.7 M (5.6 FT) WEST OF THE WEST RAIL, 1.58 M (5.18 FT) BELOW THE TOP OF THE PLATFORM, 0.24 M (0.79 FT) WEST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE PLATFORM AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE RAILROAD BED. THE PLATFORM FOUNDATION WALL IS CRACKED BUT THE DISK APPEARS SOLID.
|04/05/1995 by NJGS (POOR)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1995 (ECB)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1995.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.