Details for Benchmark: KV1181
N 40° 34.217 W 074° 39.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SOMERSET county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- E 26
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
1 MI W FROM RARITAN. 1 MILE WEST ALONG THE CENTRAL RAILROAD OF NEW JERSEY FROM THE STATION AT RARITAN, SOMERSET COUNTY, 0.1 MILE EAST OF MILEPOST 37, 6 RAILS EAST OF AUTOMATIC SIGNAL 363, AT BRIDGE 36-88, IN THE NORTH STONE WALL, AND ABOUT 6 INCHES LOWER THAN THE TRACK.
|01/01/1955 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1955
MARK NOT FOUND.
|05/07/1994 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1994
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.