Details for Benchmark: KV1214
N 40° 58.517 W 074° 49.100 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SUSSEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- V 19
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1954
AT GREENDELL. AT GREENDELL, SUSSEX COUNTY, ON THE DELAWARE, LACKAWANNA AND WESTERN RAILROAD, 20 RAILS WEST OF THE STATION, 6 RAILS EAST OF A HIGHWAY OVERPASS, AT A CONCRETE SIGNAL BASE (THE SIGNAL HAS BEEN REMOVED), IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER, AND 19.3 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL OF THE NORTH TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED V 19 1935. NOTE-- THE DELAWARE, LACKAWANNA AND WESTERN RAILROAD IS NOW THE ERIE LACKAWANNA RAILROAD. THE ERIE RAILROAD IS NOW THE ERIE LACKAWANNA RAILROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.