Details for Benchmark: KV1246
N 40° 53.467 W 074° 56.233 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WARREN county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- R 22
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
2.3 MI W FROM GREAT MEADOWS. 2.0 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG A MACADAM ROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 46, 0.3 MILE SOUTHWEST OF THE POST OFFICE AT GREAT MEADOWS, WARREN COUNTY, 275 FEET SOUTH OF A 2-STORY GRAY HOUSE, 94.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A 24-INCH IRON PIPE CULVERT, 37.6 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 27.1 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A BLAZED MAPLE TREE, ABOUT 3 FEET HIGHER THAN THE ROAD.
|01/01/1978 by LOCENG (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL ENGINEER (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1978
CHANGE 275 FT. SOUTH OF A 2-STORY GRAY HOUSE, SHOULD BE 267 FT., 24 INCH PIPE NOT IRON PIPE, REMOVE 27.1 FT. SOUTHEAST OF A BLAZED MAPLE TREE. ADD 26.4 FT. NORTHEAST OF TACK IN POLE NO. 49, 95.9 FT. SOUTHEAST OF TACK IN POLE NO. LY-310.
|03/17/1995 by NJGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1995 (ECB)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED WITH THE FOLLOWING CHANGES. THE STATION IS 19.O FT EAST FROM MILE POST MARKER 2 AND 7.6 M (24.9 FT) NORTH FROM UTILITY POLE NUMBER 49.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.