Details for Benchmark: KV1266
N 40° 57.283 W 074° 44.183 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SUSSEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- B 15
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
AT CRANBERRY LAKE. AT CRANBERRY LAKE, SUSSEX COUNTY, ON THE DELAWARE, LACKAWANNA AND WESTERN RAILROAD, 19 RAILS SOUTH OF MILEPOST MB 53, 8 RAILS NORTH OF A SUSPENSION FOOTBRIDGE, 10 YARDS WEST OF THE WEST RAIL, IN THE TOP OF A LARGE ROCK OUTCROP, AND ABOUT 4 FEET HIGHER THAN THE RAIL. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED B 15 1933. NOTE-- THE DELAWARE, LACKAWANNA AND WESTERN RAILROAD IS NOW THE ERIE LACKAWANNA RAILROAD. THE ERIE RAILROAD IS NOW THE ERIE LACKAWANNA RAILROAD.
|01/01/1972 by NJGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.