Details for Benchmark: KV1290
N 40° 46.967 W 074° 49.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MORRIS county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- M 25
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
1.8 MI N FROM MIDDLE VALLEY. 1.8 MILES NORTH ALONG A DIRT ROAD FROM THE CENTRAL RAILROAD OF NEW JERSEY CROSSING AT MIDDLE VALLEY, MORRIS COUNTY, 450 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A WHITE HOUSE, 150 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTHEAST HEAD WALL OF A CULVERT, 56.5 FEET NORTH ACROSS THE ROAD FROM POLE BT-366, 21 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD.
|01/01/1973 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.