Details for Benchmark: KV1302
N 40° 46.046 W 074° 41.514 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MORRIS county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- W 24
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1950 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1950
1.2 MI S FROM CHESTER. 1.2 MILE SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 31 FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 24 AT CHESTER, MORRIS COUNTY, 87.7 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A 6 FOOT CONCRETE BOX CULVERT, 38.3 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 29.2 FEET NORTH OF A CONCRETE CULVERT, 2 FEET WEST OF A WIRE FENCE PARALLELING THE HIGHWAY, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1985 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1985
1.2 MILES SOUTH ALONG U.S. HWY. 206 (FORMERLY STATE HWY. 31) FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HWY. 24 AT CHESTER. BOTH CULVERTS MENTIONED IN THE PREVIOUS DESCRIPTION WERE FOUND AND SERVE AS GOOD REFERNCE POINTS FOR LOCATING THE MARK WHICH IS 6 INCHES ABOVE GROUND LEVEL.
|01/02/1990 by NJGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1990
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN CHESTER TOWNSHIP, ON THE WEST SIDE OF U.S.HIGHWAY 206. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 206 AND STATE ROUTE 24, IN CHESTER, GO 2.08 KM (1.29 MI) SOUTH ON ROUTE 206 TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS ALSO, 0.48 KM (0.30 MI) NORTH ON ROUTE 206 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH OLD CHESTER ROAD. THE STATION IS 26.8 M (87.93 FT) SOUTH SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A CONCRETE BOX CULVERT, STRUCTURE NUMBER 1417 151, MILEPOST 85.94, 50.2 M (164.70 FT) SOUTH SOUTHWEST OF A SIGN, MILEPOST 86, 11.4 M (37.40 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTH END OF A GUIDE RAIL ON THE SOUTHBOUND LANES, 5.8 M (19.03 FT) WEST SOUTHWEST OF A SIGN, NO STOPPING OR STANDING, 7.7 M (25.26 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTER OF A CONCRETE PIPE CULVERT HEADWALL, 5.3 M (17.39 FT) WEST OF THE EDGE OF PAVING, 11.5 M (37.73 FT) WEST OF THE ROUTE 206 CENTERLINE AND 0.4 M (1.31 FT) EAST OF A 3 FOOT HIGH WIRE FENCE. THE STATION IS 0.2 M (0.66 FT) ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.