Details for Benchmark: KV1351
N 40° 40.783 W 074° 43.317 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SOMERSET county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- R 25
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
2.5 MI S FROM POTTERSVILLE. 2.5 MILES SOUTH ALONG A MACADAM ROAD FROM THE POTTERSVILLE REFORMED CHURCH AT POTTERSVILLE, SOMERSET COUNTY, 375 FEET NORTHWEST OF A CONCRETE BRIDGE, 1.9 FEET SOUTH OF POLE 70031-TY, IN LINE WITH THE TOW OF POLES, 30.8 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, NEAR A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST PAINTED USBM, AND ABOUT 5 FEET HIGHER THAN THE ROAD.
|05/07/1994 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1994
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.