Details for Benchmark: KV1425
N 40° 56.850 W 075° 06.783 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NORTHAMPTON county, PA View Original Datasheet
- F 11
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1932 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
2 MI N FROM PORTLAND. 2.0 MILES NORTH ALONG THE DELAWARE, LACKAWANNA AND WESTERN RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT PORTLAND, AT SLATEFORD JUNCTION, ON TOP AND AT THE NORTH END OF THE EAST CONCRETE HEAD WALL OF A DOUBLE 15 X 15 FOOT CONCRETE BOX CULVERT UNDER THE TRACKS, 7.1 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL AND 1/2-FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK.
|01/01/1978 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
1.05 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 611 FROM THE TOLL BRIDGE OVER CROSSING AT PORTLAND, THENCE 1.1 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG SLATE- FORD ROAD, ABOUT 0.1 MILE SOUTHEAST OF THE JUNCTION OF THE HIGHWAY, 81 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 6.5 FEET NORTH- EAST OF THE NORTHEAST RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK OF THE ERIE LACKAWANNA RAILROAD, SET IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE NORTHEAST HEADWALL OF A 2 CHANNEL CONCRETE RAILROAD BRIDGE OVER SLATEFORD CREEK.
|09/25/1994 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1994
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values. The observed gravity was obtained from relative gravimeter ties to the IGSN71 gravity network.