Details for Benchmark: KV1495
N 40° 35.000 W 075° 28.467 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LEHIGH county, PA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1932 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1932
AT ALLENTOWN. AT ALLENTOWN, LEHIGH COUNTY, AT GREAT POINT PARK, 0.3 MILE NORTHWEST OF THE MACK TRUCK CO. PLANT, 400 YARDS EAST OF LEHIGH STREET, 100 YARDS SOUTHWEST OF A LARGE BRICK DWELLING, 5 YARDS WEST OF A POINT IN LINE WITH THE CENTER OF A LARGE ELEVATED TANK AND THE WEST SIDE OF THE CONCRETE CHIMNEY AT THE MACK PLANT, AND ON THE TOP OF A SMALL HILL COVERED WITH MAPLE TREES. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 374.504 ALLENTOWN 1932 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE BLOCK.
|01/01/1971 by PADH (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY PA DEPT OF HIGHWAYS 1971
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.