Details for Benchmark: KV1606
N 40° 46.700 W 075° 05.383 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WARREN county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- H 22
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
0.7 MI SE FROM ROXBURG. 0.7 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG A DIRT ROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 543 AT ROXBURG, WARREN COUNTY, ABOUT 500 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF A 1-STORY BROWN HOUSE, 32.1 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 4.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A BLAZED COTTONWOOD TREE, AND ABOUT 4 FEET HIGHER THAN THE ROAD. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED H 22 1942 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/19/1995 by NJGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1995 (ECB)
THE STATION WAS NOT RECOVERED AT THIS TIME.
|09/09/1995 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.