Details for Benchmark: KV1740
N 40° 33.800 W 075° 28.567 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LEHIGH county, PA View Original Datasheet
- Y 267 PADH
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Team Philsey marked KV1740 as destroyed
This marker was moved and reset by PennDOT in 1987. It is now known as PID KV6679.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by PADH (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
0.4 MI NE FROM EMMAUS. 0.4 MILE EAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 309 FROM THE INTERSECTION OF THE LEHIGH STREET, ALLENTOWN AND EMMAUS EXIT AT THE NORTH EDGE OF EMMAUS, 19.6 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE SOUTHEAST BOUND TRAFFIC LANE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 309 AND 1.6 FEET EAST OF THE WEST END OF THE BUMPER CURBING. SET IN TOP OF THE SOUTH BUMPER CURBING OF A 180.0 FOOT LONG, OVERPASS BRIDGE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 309 AND 1.6 FEET EAST OF THE WEST END OF THE CURBING AND ABOUT 9 INCHES ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE BRIDGE FLOOR AND SURFACE OF THE HIGHWAY. THE OVERPASS BRIDGE IS OVER EMMAUS AVENUE, A BLACKTOP ROAD.
|01/01/1960 by CGS (GOOD)
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.