Details for Benchmark: KV1768
N 40° 38.167 W 075° 11.550 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NORTHAMPTON county, PA View Original Datasheet
- V 268
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Clan Davis found KV1768
Had some real problems in finding it initally but then I scraped the snow away in the correct place.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
AT RAUBSVILLE. SET IN TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE SOUTH CONCRETE SIDEWALK OF A 40.0 FOOT WIDE CONCRETE BRIDGE OVER A 30.0 FOOT WIDE CANAL, 67.0 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF A CROSSROAD INTERSECTION, 28.6 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A RED-BRICK HOUSE, 12.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF AN EAST AND WEST BLACKTOP ROAD AND ABOUT 1.0 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE BRIDGE FLOOR AND SURFACE OF THE BLACKTOP ROAD.
|11/12/1994 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1994
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.