Details for Benchmark: KV2287
N 40° 22.450 W 075° 56.250 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERKS county, PA View Original Datasheet
- C 174
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
1.4 MI W FROM MUHLENBURG STATION. 1.4 MILES WEST ALONG A PAVED ROAD FROM THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY NO. 122 AND A PAVED ROAD LEADING WEST AT MUHLENBURG STATION WHICH IS 3 MILES NORTH OF READING, AT A SHARP TURN IN THE PAVED ROAD, AT A YELLOW 2-STORY FARMHOUSE, 77 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF A DIRT ROAD LEADING WEST, 42 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE PAVED ROAD, 41 FEET EAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE HOUSE, 6 FEET EAST OF THE EAST END OF A ROCK WALL, AND 1 FOOT EAST OF A STANDARD REFERENCE POST. A STANDARD DISK, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST. NOTE-- PAVED ROAD HAS BEEN RELOCATED AND FARMHOUSES TORN DOWN DUE TO ENLARGEMENT OF READING AIRPORT.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.