Details for Benchmark: KV2292
N 40° 22.000 W 075° 55.633 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERKS county, PA View Original Datasheet
- RV 123 RDGRR
- Marker Type:
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by RDGRR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
1 MI N FROM READING. ABOUT 1.0 MILE NORTH ALONG THE READING CO. RAILWAY FROM READING, BERKS COUNTY, AT BRIDGE 60/51, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTH END OF THE EAST COPING, ABOUT 50 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE NORTH-BOUND TRACK, AND ABOUT 6 INCHES LOWER THAN THE TOP OF THE RAIL. A STANDARD MONEL-METAL RIVET. NOTE-- BRIDGE 60/51 IS KNOWN AS 5TH STREET UNDERPASS, HIGHWAY ROUTE U.S. 222 UNDER READING CO. RY. THIS MARK IS ABOUT 1-1/2 MILES NORTH ALONG THE RAILWAY FROM THE READING CO. RY. OUTER STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.