Details for Benchmark: KV2568
N 40° 34.400 W 075° 53.250 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERKS county, PA View Original Datasheet
- 384 USGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1908 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
AT LENHARTSVILLE. 0.1 MILE NORTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 143 FROM THE HOTEL AND THE JUNCTION OF OLD U.S. HIGHWAY 22 IN THE CENTER OF THE VILLAGE OF LENHARTSVILLE, AT A SMALL RED BRICK CHURCH, SET VERTICALLY AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE CHURCH BUILDING, 67 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF STATE HIGHWAY 143, 2 FEET NORTH OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE BUILDING AND 1.7 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1987 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1987 (MWD)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.